This work wouldn't be so awesome and great whithout some people help, so I would like to thank to everyone that contributed with new ideas and contents.
In particular I would like to thank to:
- Carmen Morgado and Fernanda Barbosa - for all their dedication, help and support;
- Inês Sampaio - for creating all the images used for the development of the Abstract Data Types Quiz and for her help on some design issues;
- Sónia Martins - for designing most of the images and icons used on the games and also for her help on some game design issues.
Some of the icons and images used were created and designed by the people mentioned above, but most of the other icons used were found on the internet. Below is a list of the icon sets used and where you can find them:
- Gentleface Toolbar Icon Set - those are the black and white icons used everywhere in this application. You can find them here, they are distributed under the Creative Commons (Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported).
- Face Avatars - those are the images used as face avatars in the games. You can find them here, they are distributed under the Creative Commons (Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported).
- iPhone Icons - from this set only the align horizontal and vertical icons were used. You can find them here.
The Epik logo and icon were created by me (Bruno Sampaio).
The sounds used on the games are also available on the internet. Below is a list with their respective links:
- Correct Answer - this is the sound played when a player answers correctly to a question. It can be found here.
- Incorrect Answer - this is the sound played when a player answers incorrectly to a question. It can be found here.
- Collaboration Request - this is the sound played when a player receives a collaboration request from another player (for example asking for help). It can be found here.
- Background Music - this is the sound used as background music. It can be found here.
For the development of this web application the following libraries were used:
- CakePHP 2.2 - it is a PHP framework based on the MVC architecture pattern, it was used for server side logic development. If you are interested you can find more about it here.